|Job Title||HR Safety Coordinator|
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 49 years, and our team is looking for a Safety Coordinator!
This is a great opportunity to join an incredible company and gain valuable experience in the safety field!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Support Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. by administering a strong safety program. Assess employee adherence to safety standards and provide coaching. Work with management to further develop existing safety programs. Keep detailed, accurate records. Ensure employees have a thorough understanding of how to maintain a safe work environment. Provide outstanding customer service and a professional approach to employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and maintains safety documentation including recordkeeping, OSHA forms, and safety-related company policies. Utilizes electronic systems to maintain safety documentation.
- Manages the blood borne pathogens (BBP) program including developing a training plan, and ensuring accurate recordkeeping.
- Manages internal respirator program by coordinating respirator fitting, ensuring equipment is up to standard, and supporting a smooth workflow for the program.
- Develops and manages hearing conservation program; arranges annual audiometric testing and reviews results. Provides recommendations to management and implements policies to support hearing conservation.
- Conducts incident investigations, tracks major issues or trends and collaborates on program improvements to address these issues.
- Implements and maintains a process for notification of incidents; serves as main contact person for injuries and ensures supervisor or manager works with employee to submit initial documentation.
- Processes worker’s compensation claims, ensures efficient and smooth return to work process, and coordinates with management and human resources on light duty accommodations.
- Conducts spot checks for employees in the field to ensure safety practices are being followed and provides coaching as appropriate.
- Champions COVID-19 program including contacting employees, contact tracing, and worker’s compensation process.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards. Presents training for new hires for critical safety areas as identified by management; includes areas such as safe lifting and other common safety concerns.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality, security and need-to-know standards.
- Drafts and implements internal safety standards and policies.
- Reviews accidents and incidents reported by employees and visitors to the facility and works to mitigate future risk.
- Remains up to date on changes from OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and industry-specific safety standards; works to ensure company compliance.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of experience supporting a safety program preferred.
- Ability to conduct training, both in-person and virtual.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to put people at ease and to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for long periods of time. Ability to type and work at a computer station.