|Job Title||Supply Technician|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 49 years, and our Ambulance Division is looking for a Supply Technician!
This is a great opportunity to join our Hall team!
--this position will be working a rotating night shift--
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Under supervision, performs the duties of a Supply Technician on regular shifts in Supply. Stocks ambulances, tracks inventories and restocks units in the field as directed. Tracks the issuance and return of equipment by EMT’s and Paramedics with each ambulance shift. Takes every reasonable precaution to maintain security and protection of sensitive data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives on time and as scheduled to ensure ambulances are adequately supplied and ready to be deployed in a timely manner.
- Reviews emailed supply requests from the field and communicates with the Inventory Control personnel discussing the requests and level of supplies.
- Searches incoming ambulances for supply deficiencies, counts inventory of each supply item, and makes note of what is missing according to standard supply protocol.
- Returns to supply room, gathers supplies according to notes and re-stocks incoming ambulances with supplies.
- Follows strict protocol to stock ambulances with correct number of each supply item and ensures each item is re-stocked in it’s proper place. If existing supplies are out of order, repositions those items to their proper place to ensure each ambulance is uniformly supplied for the next shift.
- Using the supply room window counter, issues vehicle keys and equipment to ambulance crews throughout staggered shift change each morning and evening. Collects vehicle keys and equipment from returning ambulance crews throughout staggered shift change each morning and evening. Maintains accurate daily logs and records of keys and equipment issuance and return.
- Reviews emailed lists of supply deficiencies from outlying stations. Assembles supplies according to list and pack items for off-site delivery; may assist with transporting items to and from outlying stations.
- As needed, drives a fully stocked ambulance to a metro crew experiencing vehicle problems mid-shift to provide a functioning vehicle for the remainder of shift.
- May assemble and drive supplies to deliver to a metro crew mid-shift if the crew is experiencing unusually high deficiencies in critical supply items.
- Assists with receipt of incoming supplies, materials & equipment; unloads supplies, unpacks and places each item in proper place in storeroom. Verifies receipts and packing slips. Keeps accurate records of incoming supplies per protocol.
- Assists with packaging returns of supplies, materials & equipment to vendors as needed; ships and tracks returned items.
- Prepares storage space for supplies, materials and equipment by re-arranging supply room as required; completes tasks safely and efficiently.
- Performs cleaning tasks as necessary to ensure a neat, orderly, clean supply room for medical supplies and assists in maintaining a safe and clean orderly work area.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid & current Class C California Driver License.
- Insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy including age minimum of 20 years.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your EMS career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers.
- Experience with and understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Able to work scheduled shifts as required and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
- Ability to read, comprehend and adhere to all company rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing between 25 – 75 pounds.
- Stand for long periods of time. Ability to sit and type at a computer station.
- Occasional kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling.