|Job Title||Manager, Behavioral Health & Social Services|
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 49 years, and we are looking for a Behavioral Health Manager to join our team!
This is an incredible unique opportunity to enhance processes and programs specifically designed to support our team of first responders.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You’ll be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of various internal and external mental health initiatives, peer support programs, and social services. You’ll work with Hall Ambulance employees, external agencies and community-based organizations to facilitate employee mental health and social services as related to Hall Ambulance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides training on a variety of mental health topics to all departments in the company. Updates available training and designs new training specific to Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. Tailors training according to department.
- Maintains a structure for and conducts Critical Incident Stress Debriefings as necessitated by incident threshold.
- Revises, implements, and oversees a company-wide Peer Support program. Maintains ongoing coaching and contact with Peer Support Counselors.
- Assists employees in crisis, evaluates and connects employees with the appropriate external resources. Provides coaching and guidance to Supervisors and Management to aid discussions with employees regarding mental health.
- Oversees the case management program for community members who intentionally misuse the Emergency Medical Services system. Liaisons with Kern County EMS to maintain the program on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with management to develop policies and procedures for Behavioral Health programs and services. Provides input regarding company policy development.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Hall Ambulance Service, Inc operations in order to tailor support programs specific to the company.
- Collaborates with the General Manager regarding operational issues related Behavioral Health and Social Services. Serves as a consultant to department managers and directors regarding employee related issues.
- Coordinates with the Manager of Quality Assurance to identify trends in calls or situations that may require additional peer support.
- As assigned, participates on any external committees, task forces and work groups related to area of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits written and verbal reports to management regarding programs and performance data within scope of work. Implements appropriate measures to maintain and improve performance.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or similar licensure.
- Crisis Intervention Training or experience in Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM); or similar training from ICISF.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working with first responders or similar populations experiencing vicarious trauma.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department and agency lines.
- Must have computer competency including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing environments.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for long periods of time. Ability to type and work at a computer station.