|Job Title||Ambulance Detailer - Maintenance|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Weekends|
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 49 years, and our Maintenance Division is looking for an Ambulance Detailer!
This is a great opportunity to join our Hall team!
*Shift begins at 3:30am including weekends*
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
On a daily basis, wash and detail vehicles of Hall Ambulance Services, Inc., to include ambulances, administrative vehicles, and support service vehicles. Detail insides of ambulances with care and consideration for patient safety. Perform janitorial duties and basic maintenance of Hall Ambulance facilities as directed. Perform all tasks with respect for the image and legacy of Hall Ambulance Services, Inc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Washes and details exterior of ambulance and administrative vehicles using wash station and cleaning supplies.
- Cleans and details interior of ambulance vehicles to healthcare cleanliness standard.
- Cleans and details interior of administrative vehicles.
- Operates buffers, steamers, hoses, vacuums, and other equipment to meet service expectations.
- Uses cleaning, protective, and restorative agents to maintain and enhance the appearance of vehicles.
- Drives ambulance and administrative vehicles around Hall Ambulance Services, Inc. facility and parking lot to move for appropriate vehicle staging.
- Monitors all parking areas, walkways, lawns, flowerbeds, gutters and ash trays for trash and other debris; keeps clean to company standard.
- Empties all exterior trash containers on a daily basis.
- Performs janitorial duties as assigned for interior facilities, offices and breakrooms.
- Performs basic yard care maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking using hand tools and powered lawn equipment.
- Maintains trees, shrubs and flowers as assigned using hand tools and powered lawn equipment.
- Keeps a log of daily tasks and maintain other task-specific records as service is completed.
- May be assigned to drive to outlying station on a weekly basis to perform janitorial services on both interior and exterior of facility.
- Assist maintenance technicians on a period basis with basic tasks; for example moving furniture, demolition, or acting as safety watch.
- Performs all tasks with consideration for the safety of all employees and patients.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Valid & current Class C California Driver License.
- Insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy including age minimum of 20 years.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your EMS career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Highly dependable; available and willing to work all assigned shifts.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to understand and comply with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures, both written and verbal.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal customers.
- Strong attentiveness to detail and ability to see each task through to completion.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to changing work requirements throughout each day.
- Knowledge of the use of basic cleaning materials, cleaning chemicals, and cleaning processes.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing between 25 – 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and climbing.