|Job Title||Assistant Manager - Maintenance|
|Reports to||Manager, Facilities Maintenance|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Weekends|
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for 48 years, and the department that keeps our ambulances clean inside and out is looking for a Maintenance Assistant Manager!
This is a new position with the company and is a great opportunity to join our Hall team! Please note that the schedule will be Tuesday – Saturday shift starts at 5:30am
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Two years of experience in a leadership capacity. Must have willingness to show leadership and guidance. Must have excellent organizational & problem-solving skills. Basic knowledge of computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Must have a valid CA Driver License and possess an insurable driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Manager and provides daily support to the Facilities Maintenance Division. Assists with daily oversight of vehicle detailing, janitorial services, and the maintenance grounds at Post 1 and Bakersfield Metro facilities. This position is responsible for the quality control and output of the detailing & janitorial department. Also manages all necessary product inventory and equipment needed to perform the required duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Helps maintain a safe and organizes workspace.
- Assures that the daily progression of vehicle detailing flows well.
- Performs daily quality checks and inspections of vehicle cleanliness, janitorial services, and maintenance grounds.
- Assist with keeping SDS forms up to date and readily available to staff.
- Helps coordinate and assist with scheduling of personnel.
- Identifies, manages, and orders all Inventory, purchase, and stock products and equipment for detailers to complete their daily tasks.
- Assist with educating staff and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with development and periodic updating of department policy and procedures.
- Offers ideas and suggestions to management for the purpose of improving processes.
- Keeps management posted on items that both positively and negatively affect the company.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift objects weighing between 25 – 50 pounds
- Safely work with team to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Stand, walk or sit for long periods of time without resting (up to 5 hours)
- Work in areas that require kneeling, crouching or crawling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail
- Ability to analyze written and verbal instructions
- Ability to write, present and respond to customers and staff members in a professional manner
- Ability to manage, train and support other detailing and shop assistant personnel