|Pay Grade||Up to $2,500 Relocation Allowance|
PARAMEDIC BASE WAGE: $40,000 - $70,000
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
At least 20 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. EMT-P Certification from a recognized EMT training program and EMT-Paramedic Certification from County of Kern EMS. Prefer at least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS. Must be insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy and successfully pass physical examination including Functional Capacity Exam lifting up to 75 lbs safely. Legible handwriting and ability to use electronic reporting equipment.
Under general supervision, provide basic to advanced emergency rescue and paramedical care to the ill and injured. Guide and support EMT’s and/or students in the application of appropriate EMS techniques as required. Perform direct illness/injury assessment and management, preparation for transport, transfer of information and compassionate patient care. Must also operate and maintain cleanliness of emergency vehicle(s) and equipment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must arrive on time and as scheduled in order to comply with mandated Company and EMS standards.
- Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
- Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
- Attend to emergency medical requests as they arise and render advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured patients as required.
- Perform initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocols and procedures.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Provide direct paramedical and comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case.
- Lead, guide, and/or assist in the training of EMT’s and/or students as specifically assigned.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental standards and/or infection control standards.
- Inspect emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
- Complete and transfer patient care information and records as per established procedures.
- Take every reasonable precaution to maintain security and protection of sensitive data.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Safely operate emergency vehicle in accordance with state law and Company protocols (including during stressful situations).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS.
- Report writing and records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of advanced paramedic protocol and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to provide guidance and support to EMT staff and/or students.
- Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
- Current & valid Kern County Licensure as a Paramedic
- Current & valid State of California licensure as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic
- Current & valid Ambulance Driver Certification
- Current & valid Medical Examiners Certificate
- Annual TB clearance
- Current & valid Class C California Drivers License
- Current & valid CPR & First Aid certification
- Pass DOJ & FBI background checks
- In good standing with State & County EMSA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS
Note: The Physical Demands of the Emergency Technician-Paramedic varies significantly depending upon the situation in which they are called to respond. Therefore, the ability to perform these demands efficiently is essential for the health and safety of self, co-workers, and patients.
Percentages below are expressed in terms of the maximal amount of time that may be required in a single work day. This may vary significantly each day depending upon the tasks to be performed.