|Job Title||Claims Specialist*|
|Location||Bakersfield, CA*||*Position is based out of Bakersfield, CA|
Reports directly to the Business Office Supervisor. Under the direction of the Business Office Supervisor, performs the duties of the Pre-Billing at the Business Office.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all tasks as defined through the Patient Account Representative Weekly Procedures.
- Responsible for timely and accurate posting and processing of Private Payers and Private Insurance.
- Responsible for timely rebilling and proper follow-up procedures for all accounts designated as the responsibility of this position.
- Responsible for processing incoming mail in an accurate and timely manner as outlined.
- Responsible for handling request for Medical Records or any additional information requested on company accounts.
- Responsible for preparing for the processing of refund for all accounts categorized to be the responsibility of the position.
- Promptly handling incoming telephone calls directed to your area as well as assisting with all other incoming telephone calls as needed.
- Responsible for assisting customers and taking payments at the Business Office front counter.
- Adhering to the company collection policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completing a weekly status report.
- Responsible for maintaining a current status on all assignments.
- Responsible for keeping work area neat and organized.
- Responsible for demonstrating a respectful and professional attitude towards management, co-workers, and clients.
- Responsible for any additional assignments as directed by the Business Office Supervisor.